Monday, March 17, 2014

Mandatory Global Warming Post

Looking out my window and seeing six or more inches of snow, on St. Patrick's Day no less!, I am reminded that I am quite glad the debate on global warming is closed.

OK. I will be fair and admit that one cold winter does not disprove the theory of AGW, that the theory would not require every year be continually warmer than the last. I still do not accept the AGW theories I have encountered, but this unusually cold and snowy winter says nothing about their validity.

On the other hand, while AGW proponents would insist I make such a disclaimer, why is it that every warm summer, every drought, every strong hurricane, is treated by AGW proponents as evidence that AGW is true?

4 comments:

  1. “…why is it that every warm summer, every drought, every strong hurricane, is treated by AGW proponents as evidence that AGW is true?”

    Because that’s how religions work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True enough, though then I wonder why they get to claim theirs is the scientific position and mine is irrational?

      Delete
    2. Well you wouldn't expect them to confess that religious fervor is driving the crusade, would you?

      Delete
    3. Yes, I suppose the better question is why so many who don't have a vested interest in promoting AGW are willing to accept the claims that it is "scientific" while making claims that debate is closed and no more argument is eneded. (More unscientific statements I can't imagine. Even the most established principles of science are always open to challenge or refinement. Saying there is no need to debate any longer is just absurd.)

      Delete